2007-03-29

bits of tids

It's been over a year since I left my university job to work in the family business. Best year ever!

The Subway (rest in peace) based web application I started there lives on and continues to be improved. If anyone wants the Subway framework's source, drop me a line. I may say yes. *wink*

Some python nuggets from this year:

The 0.12 snapshot of elinks, a full featured text based web browser, has a new python scripting back end. The code was contributed by my friend the poultrygeist.

Also from the poultrygeist comes this python oddity:


>>> raise ()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "", line 1, in ?
TypeError: exceptions must be classes, instances, or strings (deprecated), not tuple

O RLY?!

>>> raise (IndexError, "ha")
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "", line 1, in ?
IndexError
>>>
>>> raise ((KeyError, SyntaxError), IndexError)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "", line 1, in ?
KeyError

Sure looks like exceptions can be tuples, even nested tuples. Odd.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Speno, nice to hear you again :)

John Speno said...

Thanks. It's nice to hear you also, uh, anonymous commenter. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, there's still a Subway app in production? Awesome :) I thought it was a pretty good way to do web apps myself...

Anonymous said...

Speno: "Thanks. It's nice to hear you also, uh, anonymous commenter."

Sorry Speno, I forgot I don't have a Blogger account and so I appeared as anonymous -- I'm deelan. ^_^

And of course, hi to you, Peter!